Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Page 336

If I usually do not want to pursue the relationship more than experimenting, I usually do a couple of things. First, I would usually just cut off the "constant" communication. If she texted me a lot during the day, I would usually just not respond and maybe text her once of twice a day. I would also make sure I tell her that I am not looking for a relationship and I'm just having fun. Knowing this, I have done my part and addressed my intentions for the relationship between me and her. I also might decline an invitation for us to go out and say I'm busy with something if she is persistent after telling her my intentions.
Usually if I want to take the relationship to the next level I will do several things. First, I would usually diagnose the situation and make sure that she even acts like she wants to take it to the next level. I would make sure everything is going great and the relationship is still intensifying. After my observations I would start to use "we" communication. If she is accepting of this communication, I would then start to bring up intentional conversations about "us" going to the next level. I would make sure I put across my full intentions and put my true feelings on the table.
I think you can tell the relationship is intensifying by little actions; eye contact, touch, and just body language in general. If the partner seems more open and loving as time goes on, then I think that is a great sign that the relationship is progressing.

1 comment: